Saturday, January 7, 2012



I leave for the airport in thirty minutes, but I wanted post a quick update before I leave for Costa Rica! Last night I spent three hours packing and repacking my suitcase.  I went back and forth between three different sizes.  In the end, I decided to have two checked bags because one bag alone was over the 50lb weight.  Plus the suitcase was too full for souvenirs!  I have two carry on bags: one is my tote bag and the other is my backpack.  I have my laptop and my gift for my host family in my carry on (stay tuned to fined out what I’m giving them).  I spent the rest of the night cleaning my room and just getting last minute items in order.  I didn’t go to bed until midnight and was up again after only 2 ½ hours!  Thanks to the adrenaline pumping through my veins due to the excitement , I’m not tired at all.  I plan on resting on the plane anyway.  My flight leaves Kansas City International Airport at 6:00am and arrives at Atlanta, Georgia at 9:10am.  Then my flight to San Jose leaves at 9:55 and should arrive in San Jose at 12:55pm central standard time.  From there I really don’t know what will happen other than orientation!  I’m really excited and can’t wait to meet everyone and soak in the culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment